It seems like a right of passage to post your first AR Build’s parts list on some forum or website. All my “firearm buddies” have been bugging me to see my list from the moment I said I had made a final selection. I’ve decided to include the prices I paid so you can get an idea of what cost is involved in this endeavor. At this point I believe everything in this list will get me to the point of a fully functional firearm, I THINK I should be able to get it all assembled without any specialized tools that I don’t already have, making this a pretty close to complete AR Build list.
So here goes…
- PSA Gadsden Stripped Lower Receiver – $89.95 +$10 shipping + $20 FFL Transfer Fee (Thanks to VCDL Member Discounts)
- PSA MOE Lower Build Kit- $144.99 + (Shipping combined with Upper)
- Mil-Spec MOE Stock – Black
- MOE Grip – Black
- MOE Trigger Guard
- Palmetto State Armory (PSA) Classic Lower Parts Kit
- Mil-Spec Buffer Tube Assembly
- (Above plus the lower receiver results in a complete lower receiver)
- PSA 16” Hammer Forged Midlength Light Weight Upper- $667.90 + $21 Shipping (Includes Lower Parts Kit above)
- Barrel length 16″
- Hammer Forged Barrel
- Machine Gun Steel
- 5.56 Nato Chamber
- 1 in 7″ twist
- Double-thick Chrome-lined bore and chamber
- Special lighter weight A2 profile
- M4 feedramps
- Forged upper
- Full auto bolt carrier
- Carpenter 158 Bolt
- Magnetic particle inspected bolt
- Free Floating Troy Alpha 11″ Rail Package
- Comes with three small detachable rails and all mounting hardware
- Machined from 6061-T6 hardened aircraft aluminum and finished in MIL-SPEC Type III Hard Coat Anodizing
- Magpul GEN2 MBUS Flip Up Sights (Front & Rear) – $75.16 (20% off code + free shipping)
- Magpul PMAG Windowed 30 Round Magazines Qty: 4 – $57.36 (20% off code + free shipping)
- Magpul AFG2 Angled Foregrip- $27.18 (20% off code + free shipping)
Total Cost: $1,113.72
As I mentioned earlier this is just enough to get me started with a fully functional AR-15. Right off the bat you’ll notice there is no optics system. I plan on getting one eventually but still have not done the research to determine what my needs are and what products best meets those needs. So rather than prematurely purchasing an optics system, I’ve opted to wait until I’ve had a chance to send some rounds through the AR, then make a decision.
Finally, in strict adherence to the Internet convention of making sure the build list is as cryptic as possible to the novice AR builder I will leave my post at that. At least I have links, prices, and pictures! That’s better than 95% of the build lists I’ve seen. But, if you have any questions please post a comment with your question and I’ll be happy to answer it the best I can!
Stay tuned to learn about how the assembly goes!